Asphalt Repair in Broward County, FL: Seven Signs You Need Asphalt Repair
If you’re like most people, you work hard to keep your property in good shape. Just like your home systems or business landscape, your property requires occasional repairs and routine maintenance to stay attractive, usable, and safe.
So when is it a good idea to schedule an asphalt repair in Broward County, FL rather than paving or resealing? Here’s how to recognize the signs.
- Alligator Cracks – These surface defects resemble alligator skin, often spanning a large area of pavement. This typically requires full depth reclamation.
- Warping, Buckling, Sinkage – If your asphalt appears uneven or wavy in some sections, it could have a compromised or insufficient base. Your pavement will need to be leveled or replaced.
- Drainage Issues – One of the worst threats to a pavement that is healthy is lingering moisture. If you notice puddles forming on your pavement, it’s a good idea to contact a local asphalt repair company.
- Faded Color – Over time, frequent use and sunlight can lighten a pavement. The older your pavement is, the more susceptible it is to cracking. Sealcoating can help protect from further damage.
- Growing Cracks – Pavement cracks do not always need immediate repair. However, if you notice a crack that is quickly widening or measures wider than ¼ of an inch, you’ll want to get in touch with a contractor.
- Stains – Industrial solvents, automotive fluids, and other chemicals eat away at the binding agents used in asphalt. If you notice stains, call your local asphalt repair company.
- Undermining – This occurs when a pipe located underground has slipped its joint or cracked, allowing the soils above to enter the pipe.
If you are experiencing any of these types of issues, visit pavement.net today for expert consultation on your asphalt repair and replacement.