What are the most popular features of the best farming apps?
Modern farming is has come a long way in the last few decades. It is now technologically driven and hence provides more opportunities for innovation and improvement. With the demand for food sources increasing with the increase in population, this trend is likely to grow in the coming days.
The primary goal of the best farming apps available in the market today is to optimise various on-field processes to reduce wastage and increase profitability. Discussed below are some of the most sought-after features of farm management applications.
Best farming apps features
1. GPS and location-based services: These are features that help farmers segregate their field depending on the crop, allowing them to pin and focus on locations that require extra attention. It is also useful for tracking drones and getting local weather forecasts.
2. Drone integration: With drones, farmers can monitor their crops regularly and make precise adjustments based on their findings. Drones can also spray pesticides and deliver soil samples to laboratories.
3. Camera and machine learning capabilities: The best farming apps offer visual aid powered by artificial intelligence and machine learning to identify crop diseases at an early stage and facilitating on-demand professional help.
4. Calendar: A basic calendar allows farmers to prioritise tasks and plan activities that require attention. It can also be shared among all personnel for better coordination.
5. Weather forecast: Whilst farmers are much less dependent on environmental factors, weather forecast integration is a crucial feature in a farming app. Precise weather information can help them plan their schedule ahead of time and optimise the process.
There are many types of farming apps that allow farmers to optimise their tasks and reduce the workload whilst maintaining consistent quality. These top features in the best farming apps have helped farmers and retailers get solutions to their practical problems.