Top Tips to Consider Before You Call in an AC Repair Professional
With the long summer days, an AC unit has become a necessity item for many households. For many people, these units become almost forgotten until a problem develops, when the first instinct is to call in a repair expert. However, there are a number of top tips to consider assessing the problem before resorting to calling in a professional:
- Check the thermostat. The problem may be something as simple as new batteries are needed. If the thermostat is not working correctly, try changing the batteries to see if this corrects the problem
- Check all controls and electrical cables are installed correctly. Sometimes a loose connection or cable can be responsible for the unit ceasing to work.
- Make sure all vents are opened fully. Many units will shut down if the air cannot be properly ventilated and clearing a blockage will allow the unit to restart.
- Check the air filters to make sure they are clean. Filters clogged with debris can significantly affect the performance of the unit, but cleaning or replacing the filters can improve the effectiveness.
- Check the thermostat settings. Every unit has a default temperature to which the AC unit should be set. Setting the temperature too high can cause the unit to not work properly. Consult your manufacturer instructions to ensure that you have it set to the correct temperature.
If you encounter any problems with any aspect of these points, or they fail to correct the problem and the unit is still not working correctly, it is time to call in a professional in AC repair St. Augustine and the surrounding area have a number of companies, but it is important to check they meet a certain criteria. This includes:
- Is the company fully insured? This can be important as they are working in your home, making you potentially responsible in the event of an accident or damage occurring. The correct insurance is also a good indicator that the company is responsible and will be accountable should you have any complaints about the service.
- Are the technicians licensed professionals and fully trained. Reputable companies will display their credentials with pride and will be happy to show potential customers their certifications.
- Do they offer an emergency 24 hour service? This can be essential when involving the basic utilities, as without out of hours call out, a serious problem with an electrical fault can mean loss of power until the next day.
- Do they offer a warranty? A company providing good service will be confident enough to provide a warranty on any work they complete.