Advantages of Obtaining Restorative Implants in Chicago
The best advantage of Restorative Implants in Chicago is that this is a lasting and permanent solution to tooth loss. They are much more stable than any alternative a person could choose, such as conventional dentures, crowns or bridgework. Another important advantage is that dental implants fit more comfortably and naturally than other treatment options. These adapt very well to the teeth and, for that reason; experts consider implants the most aesthetically pleasing option available. Implants provide a healthy boundary for people, which even increases their self-esteem.
Dental implants also improve a person’s oral health by making it easier to clean between the teeth. In addition to this, a dental implant does not need adjustments to the adjacent teeth, which is a great advantage when compared with a dental bridge. An important fact: dental implants have a 90% rate of success. Dentists who provide Restorative Implants in Chicago will tell their patients that this treatment option has several advantages over other alternatives. For example, implants:
* Are permanent and durable
* Are more profitable for its ability to last for many years
* Tend to fit naturally and cause no discomfort
* Look like natural teeth
* Require minimal treatment
* Do not affect the adjacent teeth
All that glitters is not gold, though; there are also some disadvantages.
* Implants can be somewhat expensive
* There is a possibility that the bone rejects the implant (very rare)
* Surgery can cause pain, swelling or bleeding in rare cases
* There may be damage to the nerves of the adjacent muscles
* Infection due to breakage and sagging
The disadvantages are few and minimal, although some may seem a little more serious than others. These issues are very rare and are easily treated regularly and effectively. A notable disadvantage is the costs associated with implantology. In other words, implants are not cheap. Each additional procedure needed is usually added onto the original price and success rates depend on various factors, some of them include the size and strength of the jaw bone and where the implant is placed. Visit or contact Chicago Dental Arts to learn more.