How to Choose Nursing Home Medical Supplies
According to the US Census Bureau, slightly over 5% of the 65-plus population resides in nursing homes, congregate care, assisted living and board-and-care homes. Also, approximately 4.2% of that population visits these homes at any given point of time. Therefore, it is of utmost importance that nursing centers in the country are equipped with different types of medical equipment and supplies.
Essential Nursing Home Medical Supplies
Nursing home medical supplies play an important role in providing the best of care to the residents. These homes need to ensure that the residents are comfortable and get the necessary treatment. A nursing care center should have the necessary supplies to help a person move around and sit comfortably besides providing essential medical aid and appropriate diet. A good convalescent home will have the following supplies:
- Essential furniture like adjustable beds, auto handicap chairs, bed rails and support systems, stools and canes.
- Daily living and exercise aids
- Medical essentials like oxygen aids, nebulizers, wound care products, Aspirators and Defibrillators
- Diabetic shoes, beds mattresses, bedding cushions towels, etc
- Bathroom aids
- Testing kits for urine and blood testing, sugar and blood pressure monitoring kits,
- Simple tools like scissors, syringes, needles, fluid warmers
- Drug trolleys, cabinets, refrigerators, lifts, etc
- Record keeping and filing equipments
- Hygiene and infection control products
The quality of nursing home medical supplies is a crucial factor for ensuring that the patients and residents are provided good care.
Choosing a Nursing Home Medical Supplies Distributor
Several factors like the reputation and the product range offered by a company need to be considered while choosing a nursing home medical supplies distributor. The quality of medical supplies and equipment is very important for providing appropriate treatment and care. One should always approach an established supplier offering branded products. Factors like delivery time, prices and the quality of after sales services also need to be considered in the selection of a nursing home medical supplies distributor.
Several suppliers display their products on their websites making it easier to choose and compare the various types of medical equipment.
You should choose your nursing home medical supplies according to the size of your center, the capacity of patients or residents that it can hold and the age group to which they belong.
Your search for a reputable and established nursing home medical supplies distributor ends at Medezen.com. The company offers a wide variety of branded medical products and supplies for hospitals, nursing homes and healthcare centers at discounted prices.