There are many medical emergencies that can arise over the course of a person’s life. Thankfully, the Emergency Room in Vidor TX is available twenty-four hours a day to provide extensive medical services to those who have a true medical emergency. If a person is simply ill or has a minor injury, they would be wise to seek urgent care. With this information, individuals will better understand the warning signs they need to look for to determine if they need to visit the emergency room.
Five Warning Symptoms
If a person begins to notice any of these symptoms, it is imperative they seek immediate treatment at the Emergency Room in Vidor TX. Prompt treatment can be lifesaving and is imperative in some medical circumstances.
* Should a person begin experiencing persistent chest pain that is unrelenting and begins to spread to the jaw and arm, this is a sign of a possible heart attack. Although not all chest pain presents a life and death emergency, medical professionals urge individuals to seek prompt medical testing if their chest hurts.
* If a person begins experiencing breathing difficulty, it is important this symptom is not ignored. A person can experience breathing difficulty with pneumonia, heart attack, and other health concerns that can be dangerous.
* When a person suddenly has trouble speaking or walking, it is important they are checked to ensure they have not had a stroke. Strokes can be deadly and debilitating so prompt testing and treatment are vital.
* Individuals who have a severe and unrelenting headache need to be checked by the doctor. Aneurysms can occur and cause blinding headaches. These conditions are life-threatening and should never be ignored.
* Injuries that are causing severe bleeding should be checked in the emergency room. Stitches are needed to close the wound and severe bleeding could require further intervention, such as a blood transfusion.
Seek Medical Treatment Right Away
If you are experiencing any of the above signs, it is imperative you seek medical treatment right away. If you can safely drive, visit the emergency room at Riceland Healthcare. In the event of a life-threatening medical emergency, it is important to call 911.